So far so good

Well, I've been quiet lately, which doesn't mean I haven't been busy.

I've taken a few steps towards finding out more about becoming a professional trainer.

I contacted an ex-colleague who is director of an agency who gives trainings on the off-chance he would accept to meet with me for an informal discussion, and he did!

I saw him yesterday and had a really good feeling about the discussion, as I felt I was really comfortable, just asking for information and trying to figure out the big picture, while he basically offered to put me in contact with one of their trainers, let me have a trial run in a fake training session so they could give me feedback and perhaps even put me on some projects if they think I have the potential.

Of course, it's going to be a huge leap of faith no matter what way I go about it, as I will have to quit my current job - there's no way in hell I can combine the two - and I wouldn't be able to work full time as a trainer from the beginning. I'd
also have to invest a lot of time and money in following trainings myself. Which I know I'll enjoy but leaves me wondering how I'll pay the mortgage at the end of the month.

Today was interesting as well as I was following a training for work on presentation techniques and got to see myself on camera as I gave a presentation. Damn, I desperately need to lose weight. Other than that I was pretty happy with the result. I also talked a bit with the woman who was giving the training, but didn't want to sound too enthusiastic or get too concrete as she is after all working for my boss, and as long as I'm not sure what I want to do I'd prefer he not know I'm looking around.

I'm pretty happy with myself for taking these (baby) steps, and at the same time extremely nervous and scared of the big unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment